Okami: changes version U2.0
Changes version U2.0
Changes since version U1.34
- Message date in index files was expressed in local time
instead of GMT, so that message sort by date didn't work properly.
Message dates in index files are now always GMT.
O (GEM module):
- Command `save-mid' added.
- Command `save-binary' added.
- If in a uuencoded file the filename is missing, and the user only
selects a target directory, Okami will supply a filename of the form
`OKAMInnn.UUD', where `nnn' is a three-digital number.
- Command `ad-adr' added.
- Msg numbers are now also updated for the Outbound group and
the fold it belongs to.
- New configuration parameters in quote format string added:
`%l', which is the same as `%d', but with the names of the weekdays in
the local language, and `%Z', which is the same as `%z', but with the
names... In order for this to work, the user must have an .inf file
(`language.info=' in o.inf) with the name of the weekdays, each name
on a separate line, beginning with Sunday, then Monday, etc.
- Adaptation to MagiC and partitions with
- New commands with respect to the msg sort key: `msgsort'
resorts the msgs in a msg list window according to the key in the
argument, and `set-sort-key' changes the default sort key according to
the argument (but doesn't resort the messages in the current msg list
window). The command `msgsort' now also correctly sorts messages in
- When window size is specified in o.inf, msg windows are also
- Commands `msg-go' and `quit' added.
- Double definitions in keymap.inf are detected.
- Iconified windows can now be dragged over the desktop.
- Command `multipart' added.
- Switch from modal dialogue boxes to non-modal ones.
- VA_START protocoll support (for CAB);
- If all msgs are masked off by `globalmsgmask', group can still
- Under a multitasking OS, ST-GUIDE is loaded, if it isn't
running, after a Help request. The environment variable `STGUIDE' must
be set to its path, though.
- Clicking on an email addres (or `mailto:' line) in a msg will
pop up a little menu from which to select `Write mail to', or `Copy
address' (to address book). Similarly, if you click on a URL in a
message, the Internet browser can be called with the URL, or the URL can
be saved to a file.
- After changing the message mask condition, the resulting msg
list window sometimes didn't have a vertical slider. To avoid this
problem, msg list windows are now always opened with vertical sliders.
- Three new commands: `login', `mime', and `uu'.
- Okami now searches for new mail or news, or a new SOUP packet,
and imports it on request. In connection with this, there is also a new
variable in o.inf: `import.direct'. If set to one, Okami will
immediately start importing new mail and/or news, without asking and
without expiring first.
- New command line option for the GEM module: `-Mm', where `m' is
either `u', `n', or `s', for modes UUCP, NOS, or SOUP respectively, to
start the program in a different mode from the one configured in
- Two new commands: `reply' and `Reply'. These commands directly
call the editor to reply to the message in the top window, without
opening the write dialog box. `reply' quotes the original message,
`Reply' doesn't. After quitting the editor, the write dialog box
- To make Okami more "millennium robust", all dates are now
printed with four-digit years.
- Dupe check function changed. If msg is dupe, but has different size,
it is still imported.
- Import routines completely rewritten.
- If no char set is specified in msgs containing 8bit chars, chars are
converted according to the variable `charset' in o.inf.
- New option `-i' - set default iso conversion.
- New option: `-E', expire by message date, i.e. the
date the message was written (default is import date);
- New option: --Dbfchk.
- Fixed a bug in the repair index routine: in the msg
list window of the Outbound groups (Outbound and Outbound.archive) the
from addressee instead of the to addressee was displayed.
- cutlog.ttp now works with four-digit years.
- Okami didn't quit when Magic was shut down.
- After writing a message, the vertical slide bar of msg list windows
wasn't set correctly. Fixed.
- `Save-To with header' and `Quote with header' didn't work if
msg was MIME multipart.
- When window size was specified, clicking on the fuller button didn't
set msg window to full screen size.
- uudecode couldn't handle filenames with spaces. Also,
uudecode did not decode multiple files.
- Iconified windows now reappear correctly after calling the
editor, or any other external program.
- Subject line in msgs was truncated if it contained a `#'.
- When no button line was present, Alt-M still drew the multipart
- When Okami was launched from CAB as a mail client, email address
- When scrolling msg windows right and left, text effects were
- When switching from news to mail in the write dialogue box,
the dialogue box with multiple return addresses didn't go away. A
remnant of the old Let 'm Fly days.
- Text effects didn't work as it should. Sometimes portions of a
line were displayed double.
- Crossposted msgs were not marked in the index at import.